Wednesday, April 22, 2009

Mobile Learning for Healthcare

Today I attended (e-tended?) an Elluminate sponsored presentation about mobile devices and healthcare--very informative. The presenters provided examples of devices that relate to patient care, billing, and continuing ed for healthcare professionals.

Key issues?Privacy, standardization of health care records and systems.

But I will stop for a minute--one example the military is using is an ICEphone--I carry it on me, it provides critical health info if something happens to me. It also contains medical contacts and is a means of communciation for a health-care professional at treating me at the scene

Here's a recording to the session and future opportunities on various topics:

https://sas.elluminate.com/site/external/event/description?instance_id=15560

No comments:

Post a Comment